Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Python

Learning a little bit of Python through the EdX class "Python Basics for Data Science."  Why, you ask? 
  1. I find data science to be interesting and it's never too late to learn something new.
  2. Jenny is working on some similar coursework and I thought it would make sense to be at least conversant in it.
First impressions:
  1. Nice that it's free and so widely available.
  2. Syntax is pretty straightforward.
  3. Being interpreted means that I don't have to futz too much to make it run.
  4. The tabbing requirements for loops and branching is ANNOYING!  Why not use {}'s like Java or C#? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cooking versus Going Out

It's no secret that I like to cook. I'm also pretty good at it, for a DIY home chef. My wife is even better and can not only cook, b...