Monday, March 8, 2021

Probability and Service Level Agreements

Over at LinkedIn, I'm doing a little series on basic probability and how Service Level Agreements work.  Seems to me that a lot of architects and engineers understand what an SLA is and what it means.  When they see multiple services with different SLAs, though, they always clam up when asked what the overall SLA is for their whole solution.  I don't know if they don't know how to calculate it or if they are scared to admit it.  Either way, the link below will take you to the series I started today.  

I did a video to talk about basic probability.  I was going to just write it up as an article there, but couldn't really figure out how to say it.  So I just ran my mouth and recorded it. :)

Hope someone gets some value out of it. If not, at least I'm recording it so I can point people to it when they don't know how to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cooking versus Going Out

It's no secret that I like to cook. I'm also pretty good at it, for a DIY home chef. My wife is even better and can not only cook, b...