Thursday, April 22, 2021

Geeking Up Your Documents

For the life of me, I cannot grasp why anyone would choose to use "markdown" for their general documentation. I get it for specialty stuff, like math-y things, because you need something other than MS Word to format all the symbols.  Why, though, would anyone think it makes sense to use a markdown system for their regular old README files or release notes?

The only people who are going to read those things are doing so because they need information. I don't think they really care how fancy they look. You can do that with plain old text! And if you really insist on something a little fancier, with some boldface, italics, or bullets, just use freakin' WordPad.  

Why geek it up? You have enough useless knowledge in your brain. Save your brain cells for more important stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cooking versus Going Out

It's no secret that I like to cook. I'm also pretty good at it, for a DIY home chef. My wife is even better and can not only cook, b...