Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Cooking Shows

I don't think it's a secret, but I love cooking: grilling and barbecue, in particular. I could spend every evening sitting on my back patio with my Weber grill going and a beer in my hand. 

There's another related thing I love: cooking shows. I think it started when I was a kid.  I remember watching Justin Wilson, the "I Gaarr-un-tee" guy, who cooked Creole stuff. Food Network engrained it even more with Alton Brown and Emeril. I even put flame stickers on my Kitchen-Aid mixer when I finally could afford one, and I was like 30 years old by then.

Nowadays, I can basically watch CreateTV all day every day. I put the link below. It's all the PBS how-to shows, including cooking shows, craft shows, and "This Old House" kind of stuff. The only time I really don't care for the station is when they have the yoga lady or the "Sit and Be Fit" lady on with their exercise classes, but it's great that they give people some way to work off the weight they gain cooking with Julia Child's recipes.

If you want to learn how to cook, I'd totally suggest looking for Julia Child, Jacques Pepin, or, my favorite, Steven Raichlen. Julia and Jacques should need no introduction, but they really do cook everyday stuff you can do at home, but the results are Lord Have Mercy Good.  Raichlen is a grillmaster/smoker guy who makes EVERYTHING on open fires. 

There are SO MANY other great shows on there, but for the most basic recipes, those three are hard to beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cooking versus Going Out

It's no secret that I like to cook. I'm also pretty good at it, for a DIY home chef. My wife is even better and can not only cook, b...