Monday, May 17, 2021

Jaffles?

Abbie, my youngest, was watching The Norris Nuts on YouTube a few months back. One of the kids on that show, I think "Sockie", likes to cook all the time. She made up a recipe she called "jaffles", and Abbie came upstairs to make it. I couldn't believe she was making this, as it's completely out of character for her to like this kind of concoction, but it turned out to be pretty darn good. It has become a real standard in my household, as Abbie or Jenny make it every time we run out, and we eat it primarily for breakfast.

The basic recipe is below. I cannot seem to find the right video, or I'd link to it, but you can find the Norris Nuts on YouTube if you can handle their insanity and cuteness.


"Jaffles"

1 bell pepper, diced
1/2 of an onion, diced
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/4 cup sugar 
2 cans cannellini beans
1 can crushed tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste

In a little oil, saute the pepper and onion until soft.  Add in the spices, stir for about 1 minute. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for about 10 minutes until everything is hot through.

Serve on toast or, even better, on some heavy crusty bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cooking versus Going Out

It's no secret that I like to cook. I'm also pretty good at it, for a DIY home chef. My wife is even better and can not only cook, b...